Wednesday, October 6, 2010

On the Road Again

After a roughly 600-mile drive on Monday to get my car up to the San Francisco Bay Area, where it will reside during my stint overseas, I'm gearing up for tomorrow's flight to Lusaka, via London. Many, many thanks to friends, family and others who have made this adventure possible and provided such a nice send-off. A special thanks to the supporters to date who have made donations to CUSO-VSO (for those who may want to give, please note the link to my fundraising site under "Now See This" on this page), to Sherry and the other committee volunteers at CityFront Terrace (the condominium complex that's home) for a surprise dinner, to loyal friends Jack and Linda for a wonderful dinner and evening out, to Jan and Harry for a superb dinner in their lovely home, to Connie and Mike for a great home-cooked breakfast at their very cool place with other tennis buddies following play (is there a culinary trend here?), to Enid, who bravely is assisting management of my finances (and also provided a fine lunch), to Astrid and Goran for generously looking after completion of infamous bathroom repairs in my unit (everyone at CityFront will know what this is about) and keeping an eye on my condo, not to mention Goran's patient efforts to try and bring me into the 21st century technologically, to Mitch and Jen for putting me up (and putting up with me) these last few days and for taking care of my car, and to my Mom and other family members for their love, caring and support. 


Mt. Diablo from Mitch & Jen's in Pacheco, California


No comments:

Post a Comment